… and when we say “record” we really mean a “record” – seven inches of pretty purple vinyl perfectly pressed with a little hole in the center to be played at 33 & 1/3 RPM. The Petite 7 Inch Record is a record about lovingly assembled by our dear friends at our favorite radio show, Bubbles in the Think Tank as a celebration of Record Store Day.
The Petite 7 Inch Record marks the debut of a new assemblage from the Chandler Travis stable of artists, The Chandler Travis Philharmaniacs (Chandler, Rikki, Dinty, Whitey, Keith, and Phil), who perform the song “Still Wanna Make a Record“. They are just one of a cavalcade of stars featured on the record, which also includes Bubbles in the Think Tank regulars:
- NPR & PRI contributor David Greenberger (also of Duplex Planet fame) w/ avant-prog group Birdsongs of the Mesozoic(including occasional Philharmonic saxophonist Ken Field) and drummist Rikki Bates (“How Records Are Made“)
- Ray Mason (Western Mass fave whose songs have been covered by The Ass Ponys and Eric Ambel, among others) w/ his trademark Silvertone guitar (“Liner Notes“)
- Always delightful Paulette (“Record Store Owners“)
- Internet video sensations Socky & Jamie w/ The Spampinato Brothers (“(If You Wanna) Borrow My Records“)
- Bawdy broad of 1940’s R&B Ruth Wallis (“Long-Playing Daddy“)
The Petite 7 Inch Record is available for purchase as a digital download (you get a free digital download when you purchase the record), including bonus and radio edit tracks. If you purchase before Friday April 13 you should even get your record in time for Record Store Day (Saturday, April 21).
This is a limited edition of 300 copies and half of them have already been sold, so be sure to order early and often!